Modern Warfare datamine reveals 38 new maps and 23 extra game modes
One of the big changes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare this year is Activision and Infinity Ward have dropped paid map packs for the first time since, well, ever, if we count the original Call of Duty’s expansion packs. All post-launch maps, modes and weapons are going to be free of charge.
Now, the bit which struck fear into long-time Call of Duty fans was whether this translated into fewer maps and modes being released post-launch. Well fear ye not. Dataminers have been combing through Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and have identified at least 38 new maps, 23 new post-launch game modes, and the expected ton of cosmetics.
The maps themselves are all split up depending on the game mode and player count, with extra content coming for 2v2 Gunfight (surely the strongest game mode), 6v6, 10v10, and 32v32 Ground War. A handful of these maps are remakes of some classic Call of Duty maps, including the likes of Rust and Cargo.
- Cage (mp_m_cage)
- Cargo (mp_m_cargo)
- Hook (mp_m_hook)
- Exclusion Zone (mp_m_exclusion)
- Shoot House (mp_m_speed)
- Aniyah Tac (mp_aniyah_tac)
- Crash (mp_crash2)
- Dam (mp_dam)
- Krovnik Farmland (mp_farms2)
- Gulag (mp_gulag)
- Hospital (mp_hospital)
- Layover (mp_layover)
- Lowline (mp_lowline)
- Lumber (mp_lumber)
- Malyshev (mp_malyshev)
- Milbase (mp_millbase)
- Oasis (mp_oasis)
- Port (mp_port2)
- Prison (mp_prison)
- Rivne (mp_rivne)
- Shipment (mp_shipment)
- Shipmight (Day) (mp_shipment_am)
- Shipment (Night) (mp_shipment_pm)
- Slums (mp_slums)
- Stadium (mp_stadium)
- Sub Base (mp_subbase_lm)
- Super (mp_super)
- Urzikstan (mp_syrkistan)
- Torez (mp_torez)
- Transit (mp_transit)
- TV Station (mp_tvstation)
- Faridah (mp_faridah)
- Rust (mp_rust)
- Takedown (mp_takedown)
- Borderline (mp_borderline)
- Smetna Farms (mp_farms2_gw)
Both of these look to be variants on shooting ranges. Run through the course, hit the targets and avoid civilian screenshots.
- Gun Course (mp_t_gun_course)
- Marksman Range (mp_t_sn_reflex)
A separate data mine revealed the 23 different game modes which could be coming our way. These include more one-life modes as well as capture the flag variants, gun game, infected, juggernaut, and all or nothing, a game mode in which you spawn with nothing but a pistol, knife, and no ammo. Ammo and perks are granted for kills.
- Showdown (+ Hardcore) (gametype_showdown)
- Onslaught (gametype_onslaught)
- Incursion (gametype_incursion)
- Fireteam (+ Hardcore) (gametype_fireteam)
- Breach (gametype_breach)
- Arms Race (+ Hardcore) (gametype_arm)
- Team Juggernaut (gametype_tjugg)
- Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Reinforce (gametype_siege)
- Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Rupture (gametype_rugby)
- Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy's base to win.
- One in the Chamber (gametype_oic)
- Gain Ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
- Invasion (+ Hardcore) (gametype_blitz)
- Take your team's flag into the enemy team's base.
- Infected (gametype_infect)
- Eliminated Survivors become Infected. Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- High Value Target (gametype_hvt)
- Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high value enemy combatants to steal score back.
- Gun Game (gametype_gun)
- Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Grind (gametype_grind)
- Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
- Drop Zone (gametype_dropzone)
- Hold the Drop Zone to earn points and Drone Packages.
- Demolition (gametype_demo)
- Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Defender (gametype_tdef)
- Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Search and Rescue (gametype_sr)
- Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Capture the Flag (gametype_ctf)
- Get the enemy flag and return it to your base.
- Fire Mission (+ Hardcore) (gametype_btm)
- Eliminate enemies, capture HQ's and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Assault (gametype_assault)
- Attackers attack bomb site. Defenders defend!
- All or Nothing (gametype_aon)
- Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.
Plenty to get excited for then, particularly if the don’t roster of maps and modes isn’t doing anything for you, and we don’t blame you. More important than new content though, Infinity Ward has a ton of work to do it regards to player visibility, kill steaks, time to kill, game flow, and weapon balance, all of which are heavily flawed in the current incarnation of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare