Petrol and Diesel prices see steep fall today
New Delhi: Fuel prices continued to witness a decrease on Friday, with petrol and diesel now being sold at Rs 78.06 per litre and Rs 72.74 per litre respectively in the national capital.
In Mumbai, the prices of petrol and diesel are Rs 83.57 per litre (decrease by Rs 0.15) and Rs 76.57 per litre (decrease by Rs 0.14), respectively.
Fuel prices had earlier witnessed a relentless hike in the country, burning a hole in the commuter's pocket.
In this regard, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had on October 4 announced a reduction of Rs 2.50 per litre on both petrol and diesel prices after curbing excise duty on the commodity by Rs 1.50 per litre and urged respective state governments to slash the same amount at their end.
Earlier, Petrol price had touched a record high of Rs 84 per litre in Delhi and
Rs 91.34 in Mumbai on October 4. Diesel on that day had peaked to Rs
75.45 a litre in Delhi and Rs 80.10 in Mumbai. Prices had started to
climb from August 16.
Fuel prices today:
- Delhi: Petrol sold for Rs 78.06 and Diesel for 72.74
- Mumbai: Petrol sold for Rs 83.57 and Diesel for 76.22
- Hyderabad: Petrol sold for Rs 82.77 and Diesel for 79.14
- Chennai: Petrol sold for Rs 81.06 and Diesel for 76.89
- Kolkata: Petrol sold for Rs 80.33 and Diesel for 74.93