newsdog Facebook

Telangana: More time given to update mark sheet errors

Deccan Chronicle 2017-11-14 01:56:00

Hyderabad: CBSE students can update details on their marks sheet in case they spot errors or want changes even five years after the declaration of their results. A circular issued by CBSE states that all students who have given their Class 10 and 12 Board exams after 2015 can apply for changes within the next five years. 

The step has been taken because the one year-time frame was proving to be problematic. A lot of students were applying for corrections after a few years due to a mis-match of details on their identity cards or while applying for their higher studies. The one-year time frame was implemented in 2015. Before the same, changes were made on the basis of a newspaper advertisement made by the student concerned.  

Students can apply for the change in their particulars including their name, mother’s name, address and so on, even online, on the official website of CBSE.  A lot of pending cases were found, especially pertaining to students who apply for a visa or passport and find a difference in the particulars of the marksheet which is often used as proof of one’s age as well.