Sony has started rolling out the Android 8.0 Oreo update to two of its budget smartphones, Sony Xperia R1 and Sony Xperia R1 Plus. The update has started rolling out last week and will be hitting the devices very shortly. Sony is one of the very few OEMs to offers the Oreo update to the sub INR 15,000 smartphones in India. Some of the new features in the update include the following:
- 2x Speed booster: Boots up 2x faster compared to Android 7.0 Nougat when powering up
- System Enhancement: Android Oreo minimizes the background activity in the apps you use least
- Autofill: Autofill API allows apps to register as a system-wide provider of autofill services, similar to the way we select a keyboard on our phone. It stores and secures user data like addresses, usernames, and passwords.
- Smart text selection: Android Oreo recognizes text when you tap or select, then recommends a next logical step via a suggested app, it will recognize a phone number, address and many more
- Notification Dots: Press the notification dots to quickly see what’s new, and easily clear them by swiping away
- New Emoji set: Express yourself in more ways than ever, you can share the feelings with a fully redesigned emoji set, including over 60 new emoji
The Sony Xperia R1 and R1 Plus are available for INR 10,490 and INR 12,990 respectively on currently. Both the devices come with a 5-inch HD display, they are powered by Snapdragon 430 processor. The Xperia R1 comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage and the R1 Plus comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage along with microSD card support up to 128GB. In the camera department, they sport a 13MP rear camera with Exmor sensor and 8X clear zoom and an 8MP selfie shooter. Both of them are powered by a 2620mAh battery and comes with USB Type-C charging slot.
What Android version is your smartphone running on? Drop a comment and let us know, follow us on for more news and updates.