Most of you will skip this introductory text and scroll straight through to the videos, but YouTube's annual list of most watched videos, which has just been released, has some noteworthy trends: ads were longer, brands that took a stand got more views, and the most watched spot hails from India, not the U.S.
This year's most-watched ads were more than twice as long as last year's, and seven out of 10 feature themes of inclusion, diversity or empowerment compared with two in 2016, the company says.
This year's top ad on the Google-owned streaming giant was created by Chelli India. Going for the heartstrings, it features a Samsung employee who crosses a variety of obstacles to repair a TV for a group of children just in time for their favorite show. There's a bit of a plot twist toward the end, and if you haven't seen it, check it out—some 150 million people already have.
10. Mr. Clean, "Cleaner of Your Dreams," Leo Burnett
9. Levi's, "Circles," FCB West
8. Apple, "The Rock x Siri Dominate the Day," Hungry Man (production company)
7. Adidas, "Original Is Never Finished," Johannes Leonardo
6. Kia, "Hero's Journey," David & Goliath
5. Budweiser, "Born the Hard Way," Anomaly
4. Dior, "The New Eau de Parfum" ("Miss Dior")
3. Oreo, "Ping Pong Trick Shots," Dude Perfect (YouTube Chanel)
2. Clash of Clans, "The Last Second"
1. Samsung, "We'll Take Care Of You, Wherever You Are," Chelli India